Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello Family


[moving me into college 2008]

Dear family and friends,


Today is May 31, 2011. The weather is hot; something like 95 degrees with 85% humidity. So yea, it's hot. More than I would like, but life will go on right?! Well I don’t have a lot to say. This was an exciting this week, I do have some miracles that happened.


So me and my companion were walking to go to our next appointment and the family we were going to see just so happened to be home (its very exiting when you can get people at home). And they invited us in and we taught them the restoration and after we were wrapping up the lesson she said, "Hang on," and she called down her 2 other daughters and she told us to tell them the same thing we told her. So we did, we explained the book of Mormon to her and we talked about the prophet Joseph Smith to them and gave them both a copy of the Book Of Mormon. They all said they would read and we said we would come back. But it was so cool to be able to get in to teach this family.


We also had a real cool experience with the bishop and his family. The bishop in this ward is real stern and strict, but we got in his home and shared a power full lesson with them and then he loosened up and we gained his trust. I think we showed him that we were for real! But the remainder of the week was spent sweating and working. There’s a lot to be done in this area and there’s a work to do, I'm just glad to be a part of it.


We were instructed buy Elder Holland recently and he said to the affect of this, 'I have been studying the early apostleship and I have learned this about the apostle Peter. After the death of Jesus Christ all of the apostles looked at Peter to lead them. Well he did not know what to do, he had only been in the church for 36 months. Could you imagine calling someone to be a apostle after only being in the church for only 36 months? They deserve a break here, but they did not know what to do and neither did he. But they all looked at Peter and said now what now what do we do? Well he said it has been great, we have seen lots of miracles and have seen healings and seen some amazing things, let’s go fish. That’s what we did when Christ found us, that’s what we're going to do now and that’s what they did. So we turn to the scene where they're on the lake at Galilee, and on the lake your sight is very good and so is sound. So they're out fishing all night and they have caught no fish. 0, zip, nada. No fish, but they see this figure and he has made a fire and he calls out to them and said, "How is the fishing going?" (Oh and by the way this is at night because that’s when you fish on Galilee) But he calls out and they respond lousy, "We have not caught a thing." And he said, "How about casting your net on the right side of the boat?" and I bet one of them said, "Now who is this guy that has this cute idea about were to cast are net? and there he is safe on the shore and here we have been working all night!", but they needed a catch so they threw it over the right side and they cant bring the catch in. It starts to sink the boat. One of the miracles is that the nets did not break and John said, "It's him! It’s him!" And Peter looks at John and then at the shore and just jumps right over the boat and said, "You all paddle if you want I am going in." And then he gets to the shore and Christ starts this little interrogation with Peter and he said, "Peter do you love me more that these nets and your boats?" and he said yes I do. And he said again "Do you love me more than these fish and your ores?" He said yes I do, I do! and then he looked him dead in the eyes and said, "Now may I ask you for the 3 time, DO YOU LOVE ME!" And he said yes I do then Christ said, "THEN FEED MY SHEEP! I ASKED YOU ONCE TO LEAVE YOUR NETS DO NOT MAKE ME ASK AGAIN AND WHEN I CALLED YOU TO THE APOSTLESHIP IT WAS FOREVER. YOU ARE TO FEED MY SHEEP FOREVER!"'

I have to go, but I was going some where with this, but be posted. I will continue this next week

Love you, bye!

Love elder black

No comments:

Post a Comment