Monday, November 15, 2010

GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Dear family and friends:

To tell you of another wonderful week: This week was rather long for me this time and I will tell you why shortly, but before I begin my spiel, I would like to tell you that I am always reminded about who's work this is everyday. And I know that we have hard times in the mission because in a way it gives us more appreciation for the atonement. I sometimes ask myself why is this so hard sometimes, why can't the only problem be in missionary work be that we keep getting sick because we can't get out of the water? The only thing I can think of is why should it be easy for us when it never was easy for Him? We ourselves need to drink out of cups we would rather not, I am not saying that what we experience in this mortal life will be anything like He had to go through but we sure get to taste it. I love this gospel I love being called ELDER BLACK. I wear that name tag loud and proud. I know who I am and I am not ashamed to be a missionary and to be a member of this church. What I am trying to say is that no matter how hard the struggle, no matter how hard the trial, the Lord has been there and He knows what you are going through. So may we all stand a little taller and lift those with feeble knees. May the Lord bless all of you and I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!

So lets talk about Monday: what did we do? Well we stayed at the Thompson's like all day and helped them do some service. It was fun. We helped him cut down some trees and the trees on the burn stack. That thing is so big and monstrous that I don't think I would want to be anywhere near it when it goes off, but talk about a bonfire! Well, after that we had to get cleaned up for dinner and dinner was at the dinner was at the Castagnettos. That family is way awesome and he is Indian, he has Navajo in him, I am not sure how you spell that though? Well moving on we did not get to teach a lesson there because I was not feeling so hot so we came back and I laid down.

Now for Tuesday: aww good old D.M. I love District meeting. We all get together and talk about our investigators and receive revelation for our investigators. We had dinner at the Young's and then we tried to see some people like David Love, but he was not home. So we went to go see some more peeps and then headed off to home. Kinda not a very eventful day, but we did eat at Buffalo Wild Wings that was good but, oh so bad. I was in pain afterwards because of the hot and spicy sauce they put on my wings.

Wednesday was very fun. We were going to see some of our investigators, Samoana and Klee who we found by knocking and who seemed really interested in the gospel. So we were on our way there and we got there and were so tired we almost just collapsed right there. We were so out of breath and they were not even home. Well after that we were not excited to go up that big hill again and now we had some time to kill so we got creative. We had always seen this trail that I don't think was supposed to be one, but I always wanted to check it out. So we did and it lead right to our house and we totally went around the hill. It was AWESOME! Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all winter!

Thursday, lets see what happened on Thursday? We went out with Brother Young and we saw Ray, Rose, and Mary. Nice family. I just love them to pieces. Talked about honesty with Mary. Then we went to go see Frank, he was not home so then we went to go and see the Polkies. He owns some land and has horses on them and so naturally I want to be buds with this guy because I want to meet his horses. Well my plan worked. He asked if I knew anything about working on a ranch and I said I did. He asked if I knew how to work on trucks, I said I did. He said you want to help me out around here? I said I would love to! (trying to hid my excitement inside) After that we went to see some more that were not home, so we called it a night. Had dinner at the Barns.

Friday we were on an exchange with the D.L and I was in charge of the area for the first time (o boy). Let's just say we did a lot of knocking because none of our plans worked out. We went on a team up with Brother Wasson and saw all of his home teaching family's. Then we had dinner at the Traxlers.

Saturday we went on a team up with Bishop and we did not see very many people but we did fix Brother Hernandez car tire. That was fun, we put a plug in it; aw the good old days. I remember when I had to do that all the time with a Chevy truck that I had. Elder Garfield I hope you heard that I never had a flat on my Dodge! (inside joke ) Well anyway we had dinner with the Ngamsamith's and that was so good. the best weird soup I have ever had.

Sunday: well church (Obviously) then we went over to the Floyd's for dinner and after that we had to do some weekly planing because we have just been putting it off for just to long. After that we saw that we were low on lessons taught, so we scrambled to teach as many lessons as we could. And you know what?, we taught 3 in less than an hour. So we made it not quite to our goal but high enough to be happy with it.

Well now that brings us up to now and what am I doing now. Well I am at Brother Young's house and I am emailing all you. I hope you have a great week and you will here from me soon. I know I have not been the best at writing letters. ha ha ha It seems like one or the other. I am really good at emailing or at writing letters, but I can't do them both. I don't know why that is, but I will try to get both down. well i got to go i don't mean to make this a novel but i do want you all to know how much I love you guys and that my prayers are with you. God speed!

love you all,
ELDER BLACK

No comments:

Post a Comment