Monday, April 19, 2010

"I just need to track him down."



Dear family, lets talk a moment about me. I love this part of my day! Today is Pday of course, and we as a district are going to play min golf and climb Maryland hights again. That should be a riot. I don't think we have anything else planned. So that is my day today besides shopping, which is all ways fun with the Charleston Elders. I have started making a tape and you have the privilege of meeting them. Anyways on to my week, just to warn you all it was not all that exciting and most of my week was spent in meetings. Okay we shall move on now that you know that.
Monday went to Rittas, that was a ice cream place/ shaved ice. It was good, I loved it. Best ice cream I ever had (well besides nutters). We went to a store called Gabreal Brothers, it was like Good Will on steroids. But I like Good Will a lot better, I think it was more organised and stuff. And that was about it. Yea moving on.....

Tue
s. District meeting. Love a good D.M. I gave a workshop on good planing and why we do it. It was fun/ up lifting and you could really feel the spirit in the room. We had lunch together and then me and Elder Berad, who is are D.L ,went on splits together. We met this really cool lady (forgot her name (good thing she is not in my area)) but she had a Dalmatian (a dog with black spots all over it he was cool first time seeing one). And we saw Bro. Jonson, he reminded me of Perry a lot. That was about it for Tues.......

Wed. Wednesday and Thursday can almost be combine so here it is: Wednesday I got back from splits and we exchanged the car so we were on bikes (PS dad I sill have not looked at my tires but I will do that soon). We taught the Gunns about the plan of salvation and it went well. The Gunns are a part member family, the boys are members and so is the mom but the dad is not a member. But he will be, I just need to track him down. He is never around when we teach them.

Thurs
. We had Pres. interviews and that was great. We had a good time and I love President Belliston. He just is so funny but more than that, he could quote a scripture at the drop of a hat. And I am pretty sure he has the BOM memorized by now and I want to be like that!!! Awesome guy, love him to death. Even though he won't give us a car (I cant see why though). Saw Sister Burden. She is like 90 years old and is still got a sense of humor that would amaze anyone. She is just to cool for school, as she would say! We did not have a dinner appointment, so we talked about life, me and Elder Meese over a frosted beer mug at A&W. It was a good man talk. Love that guy. He is quiet, but when he does get talking he is so funny.

Fri
. This also marks the day for a new planer. I am still on MTC time and it kinda mess me up, but I am to lazy to change it so I just deal with it, I roll with the punches.
We tried to see Terry, but she flaked out on us. She is like the queen of that. We did lots of knocking and then had lunch. Had dinner with the Johnson's. They are a newly baptized family and there awesome. The dad reminds me of Cody Villarreal. We saw Brother Nottingham, who just celebrated his 99 birthday. He is so cool and he always tells us that he is only on blood pressure meds and that he is going to live to be 105.

Sat. We went to the flee market to find people and it worked some what. We found some solid people. We went to see Terry once again, flaked out on us. We went to historic Harper's Ferry and we did some tracking there. I placed a Book of Mormon and that was cool. Then we had dinner with the Elsworth's. Cool people, we use to live with them, well Meese did, I did not.

Sun. We had pec and then we saw Brother Ketley. He's is so cool, he is a fire man going through a divorce. He has had a hard life. He is a member but he thinks God has abandoned him. We work hard with him and he said he will try to come to church. We saw the Charleston's crazy investigator. His name was Chris and he is so funny. Well that's about it. See you guys next week.

love elder black

No comments:

Post a Comment